Resplendant Earth 8
Blood will Flow
- As the snows and frost are melting away, Laima Mal and Hailong are diving into planning for their busineses.
- Aujaq and the Doctor both begin sparring practice (more running for the Doctor…)
- The annual “melt festival” begins in Vendig. ‘As the waters run, so must blood for the harvest to prosper’
- House Ragara (and Lady Ragara Soras Syn) sponsor many of the festivities.
- Hailong and Aujaq participate in a number of arena fights.
- Lady Syn (after investigating backgrounds) calls Mal and Laima to talk about a possible deal.
- She wants some heavy goods smuggled into Vendig, very cagey about contents.
- Mal and Hailong agree to the extra smuggling as a “favor” to Ragara.
- Hailong sweeps in and seduces Lady Syn – able to get more information from her.
- - The Scarlet Empress has gone missing, Houses are nervous and shifting assets around
- - Ragara is strengthing its influence in the north of the Blessed Isle.
Vilkata and Laima see great potential in this rising unrest.
- They travel north to Reiherheim to visit Queen Malene
- The Doctor and Aujaq hatch a plan to seduce the queen (copying Hailong’s efforts)
- Aujaq is dressed in the finest Reiherheim fashions and perfumes.
- They meet with the queen, and the Doctor “reveals” snippets of information about Ragara.
- The Queen hates foreign influence in Belicht, orders the Doctor to uncover more.
- Aujaq tries his seduction – touring the city with the queen.
- He becomes more infatuated with the queen and her inquiries about Icewalker history/traditions.
- Aujaq learns of a Realm Slaver ‘Master Keone’ who is despised by Malene… And aims to remove him to please the queen
A Noble Investigation
- Mal, Hailong and Laima investigate the Iron Mines of House Bauen.
- They meet with Chancellor Giles, talk about the responsibilites of Nobility, and how Bauen is failing.
- Allowed to research the Noble lineage – Bauen is a bought title from a second son…
- Frederick, son of the eldest has a stronger claim – but is a town guard unaware of heritage.
- Mal tracks down this drunken guard – who owes money to rought sorts.
- Mal buys out the debts and they find where Frederick lives.
- Laima sends the wife and child to a fancy hotel, and the others clean up the hovel…
- Frederick is ‘convinced’ to bring his claim to the Royal Court in exchange for being setup in Vendig.
- Frederick Bauen is moved to Vendig and setup with a monthy stipend.
- The Blue Dragon Benevolent Association now owns title to an Iron Mine in Blutberg.
Resplendant Earth 18