Where old inhabitants reclaim their lands.
* The city father of Vendig passes a message – help Doctor and co in Kerker against evil threat
- Vlad, Laima, Aujak, Mal, Hailong take the week long trip north.
- Winter makes the journey even harder…
- Last Wayhouse before Kerker – inhabitants killed – evidence of attack by ‘heated’ weapons
- They build a byre and give respects to the dead….
- Ghosts of Charred Soldiers appear at night – “Leave our Land!”
- Vlad asks why – “We have orders from the Headman”.
- Laima starts offers of bribes.. Guards get caught up in technicalities of their orders.
- Hailong leads the "Hailong variety show!… Entertains the ghosts until daybreak!
- Long ride during the day trying to make it to Kerker.
The extent of their danger becomes apparent.
- Doctor and Pyotr warmy greet their friends.
- Town is in shambles – outlying farms sacked, nightly raids by ghosts.
- Karl blames himself – sought refuge in the bottle – Demi keeping him company.
- Pyotr is worried as the wild game has dissappeared – food running out at the start of winter!
- Laima and Mal organise the town council – convince to institute curfews and ‘buddy system’.
- Aujak tries to learn from the City-Father: It’s swapped side to become death-aspected
- “abandon hope, release your last breath and join the dead”
- Vlad and Pyotr go into the forest and call the Forest King…
- “You humans are useless and responsible for unleashing horrors. Leave!”
- Doctor calls Prof Gruff’s ghost
- He warns that the ghosts are ‘immortal’ until their anchors are cleansed.
Where they make a desperate plan
* The occultists gather and weight their options…
- Only the weaker ghosts are apparently on the loose – Margarethe is holding the big ones still.
- Need to keep the living protected in one warded place.
- Plan to get into Kerker hall to find the big anchors and destroy them.
- If Kerker Hall is cleansed and no longer a prison, it should release the rest of the ghosts.