Where we see how Siegsdorf picks itself up
- Aujaq, Vlad, Mal and Hailong head into town to survey the damage.
- Locals are working together to clean up
- Stories are spreading of “Mal, the Demon killer”
- They return to the Temple, and talk to Father Alte.
- Demon book had been moved to his private locked study
- Search through the burnt remains of the library
- Fire was started in the private study – locked desk was broken up.
- Cant identify remains – which books were stolen/remained…
- Father Alte is broken up at the loss of his young daughter – Hilde.
- Her hand was found near thetemple altar…
Where we learn the identiy of the mysterious woman.
- Laima return to visit with Trader J.Rimbaux
- Social visit, talking about the Wichtel attack.
- Laima describes the mysterious woman – Rimbaux identifies as Hilde
- Hilde is famous in town as a pious and dutiful daughter of the priest.
- Some nasty gossip about her unladylike pursuit of Teufel when he arrived in town.
- Pointed towards the “Black Sail” tavern for more salacious gossip.
Where Aujaq dispairs of civilised life
- Explores the coastline near Siegsdorf.
- Notes the ‘threats’ that the townfolk are afraid of – avoids easily.
- Gathers beautiful and precious items from the sea for spirit-gifts
Where we sample the less cultured taverns
- Mal and Hailong go to the ‘Black Sail’
- Listening infor gossip and socializing
- Fail to learn anything, and Mal is distracted telling tales of his ‘demon killing’
Where we discover where the Wichtel hid.
- Vlad, Laima and a maid visit Teufel’s workshop/home for dinner.
- Building is open, sounds of movement insode.
- House has been thoroughly and methodically trashed
- The four workers have been killed in their beds
- 6 Wichtel are manning the furnace bellows and trying to coat bodyparts in glass.
- Dead body seated – covered in glass.
- Maid sent to get help, Vlad and Laima frighten away the Wichtel
- Mal chips at glass body – remains of tortured Teufel.
- Aujaq calls up an upset workshop-spirit
- Vlad and Laima search the building – ‘cooked’ accounting books and too much money.
- Hailong examines the bloodstains
- a woman was in here doing the torturing…
- Wichtel fled into basement.
- Learn that a woman and wichtel came and tortured Teufel and left.
- Teufel’s diary gives history of affair with Hilde – detailed research needed.
- Uncover secret passages to smuggler’s cave.
- Bricked up doorway to ancient ruins.
A grieving mother’s story.
- Laima returns to town to comfort mother Alte.
- Learns more of Hilde and Teufel’s story
- Alte family grieving over severed hand of Hilde… Blame the wichtel