Year 438, the 28th of Resplendent Water – Storm Season
Preparations for war
- The Doctor, Vlad, Aujaq, and Mal return to Vendig by boat
- The Doctor is brought up to speed on the events in Siegsdorf
- Vlad brings the others to meet Ulfbert the Smith for fine equipment.
- The Doctor scours his books for information in Wichtel
- And concocts essence of fish (which they avoid)
- They hire a boat to Siegsdorf.
Raising the Troops
- They confront the Mayor with the Royal writ
- Eventually convince him to release 20 troops and the guard captian Johannes.
- Mal listens around for bars for a captain down on his luck.
- They offer Cpt Heinrich of the ‘Yellow Minnow’ an offer he cant refuse.
- Aujaq leads an offering to the God of the Bay for a safe and fast trip to Headless Cove.
The Headless Statue.
- Headless cove is a bay around a partially collapsed statue of a sitting man, without its head.
- The statue is leaning its shoulder into the nearby cliff. There is a wooden fort build on its shoulders
- The only way across is a small rope bridge into a forested headland.
- Cpt Heinrich drops off the troops and company in a nearby hidden inlet.
- They make plans to start a diversion to draw away the defenses and allow the troops to approach
- Mal, Aujaq and the Doctor rob a boat over to the base of the statue.
- After some trouble, they climb up and find a leve carved into the shoulders of the statue.
- They enter, dispose of some guarding Wichtel, and set aflame the wooden buildings.
- A sleeping wood-troll is awakened by their clatter, and chases them.
- After some dangerous rapelling, they leave in a leaking rowboat.
- When the fire is spotted, Vlad and Johannes lead the troops to the fortress.
- They kill many Wichtel, and watch the rest cook in the flames.